I recently got back from a holiday in Sydney for a week and wanted to put down some of my thoughts on the city.
- Extremely busy, lots of hustle and bustle which can make you feel rushed to go somewhere but if you slow down and watch people go by, its not so bad.
- Sydney needs way more signs, street signs, train line signs etc. I had a lot of trouble with where to stop off a bus cause i had no idea where i was.
- Asians, Asians everywhere!
- Many of the good things in Sydney are out in the suburbs with public transport dead zones, annoying but i guess you get your exercise!
- The girls are quite nice (both in personality and looks =p)
- Public transport runs 24/7 which is a god send
- The city has extremes of both concrete jungle and beautiful greenery. It would be good if they could break it up better, concrete jungles are not nice (see: George St)
- The Royal Botanical Gardens >>>>> Harbour Bridge and Opera House
- Windy, not sure if it was just the week I visited or if its normal.
- Its surprising how dirty and derelict George Street can be
- Sydney specialty cafes have a love affair with Kees van der Westen machines. All I saw were Spirits and Mirages.
I believe that covers most things. All in all Sydney is a nice city and I could consider living there but I still prefer Melbourne.